I have a friend from college that I actually really like. She is professional and nice and helped me during one of the most horrible spots in my life ( and I've had a few). Sadly, I think it's time for me to face the fact that she doesn't want to be my friend anymore. I have to say, this hurts me, but instead of crying about these things as I usually do, I feel that it's time to take her number out if my contacts and hide it somewhere else in my phone as I do when it is time for me to face facts on a relationship. I don't know if I'm maturing because I am taking this step earlier than I usually do or if I'm just exhausted from people I love not liking me.
Today I called her because she crossed my mind and I try to call folks when they cross my mind. I called her and was redirected me to a mechanical message that said she'd call me back because she was at lunch. I'm not sure what in the Jetsons that was, but I knew she was not going to call me back. Feelings hurt, I decided to move her number. I need to do better with understanding that folks don't want to talk to me. Again, I'm moving towards growth or more exhaustion.
No comments:
Post a Comment