Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

Summer is officially over.
For the past few weeks, I have found myself going through my closet, trying to figure out what gets packed away for next year and what gets to stay hanging. It is too cold for my studded jean capris and entirely too hot for long-sleeved shirts. In the end, everything ends up where it was. I can't let things go. Never could.
I have never been one that lived by that slogan "out with the old, in with the new." It's insulting to me- that you would chuck something old for something new. But its that weird Limbo at the beginning of season changes where people are getting rid of their old things. Sadly, friendships are the first to go.
Let me first say that a confirmed friend has to do something really, really bad to not be on my friend list like murder or drinking off my cup or just something unforgivable. So imagine my shock and dismay when I heard that two of my girls are no longer girls anymore over what is probably some dumb shizzle. Yes, I am experiencing a friend break-up.
Friend break-ups are the worst. They are worst than boy break-ups because boys will dump you and bounce. In a friend break-up, the whole clique is affected. No more group plans because friends aren't talking. Oh, they say it won't be any different, they just won't talk to each other, but how lame is that going to be? In a worst-case scenario, some friends take sides. It's a nightmare!
I can't wrap my mind around it. My friends are special to me. I can't just dispose of them without attempting to work it out. But seasons change, and this whole "out with the old, in with the new" thing comes into play. I don't plan on letting go of any of my close homies, but perhaps I can find a short-sleeved shirt to pack away. Baby steps.

No comments: