Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dreads The Man

So, yesterday I left my house to cover the OneMusicFest and returned smitten kitten for a new guy: Dreads The Man, Dreads for short.
I had the best spot in the place: I was right in front of the speakers...yessss! I got there right in the middle of The Cool Kids set (which was awesome) and I was having a blast. After their set, The Pharcyde came on, and this really hot dude with dread locks came and stood beside me.
We begin chatting here and there inbetween songs which was hard to do, seeing that we were on the speakers. All I know about him, pretty much, is that he has a really bright spirit and he is 34.
I had to leave my spot to go to the press area to see if Chrisette Michelle was doing interviews. As I waited on her, I could not stop thinking about this guy. So, stepping outside of myself for a sec, I march back over to the stage and ask him if he has a girlfriend.
He says that he does, but that he had been thinking about me since he left. He gave me his number.
After waiting an hour on Chrisette, I decide it's time for me to make my exit. I can't lie, I was looking around for him as I am leaving, and I don't see him.
So, I text him that it was nice to meet him, and he said it was nice to meet me too and that he was looking for me after the show. Sweet right.
OK, now, about this girl friend. Can you just be friends with a guy who has a girlfriend? Is that allowed? Not sure, I am hoping so. I plan on meeting up with him next week. Hopefully, I can make a new guy friend out of this.

No comments: