Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Haunting of Andrew Pounders

I went to school with a young man named Andrew Pounders. He was younger than me by a of couple of years. He had a girl friend with really long Brandi braids, and he was from California. He had locks. And our whole time at XU together, I only had one conversation with him. Recently he died of cancer at 24, and for some reason, this effected me as if it was cousin or brother that died. I didn't even know this guy! But he got me to thinking about life in general. He was only a baby and was snatched from life just like that. And I am generally jaded about death. I have been fat my whole life, so everyone has been happily profitizing my death to me since I was in kindergarten. But since he died a few months ago, I have been thinking about death all the time. The cherry on top: today is his birthday. Like, why does this boy mean so much to me right now? Sounds like it's time for some self evaluation. I will let you know the results.