Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Walking The Apple

I wish that I had a step-o-meter on my flats. I swear to you that in the few days that I was in NYC, I had to have walked the full span of the place. And that subway! Up the steps and down the steps. At one point, I even started whimpering at the foot of the steps to leave one of the stations. I had to go up two flights and had just gone up three to get to the exit! My feet were hella swollen! I was nevertheless proud of myself that I did walk and not chicken out and get a cab. But my body was definitely not used to the exertion. The last night of my stay, I got a Charlie Horse in my upper thigh you would not believe! But all is well that ends well. I got to see the city and meet some contacts. Next time I got though I will totally pack sneakers.