Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Carla Hall and O-Town Come To The A

Celebrity Chef Carla Hall kicked off the Oprah Life You Want Weekend by leading the Bounty Power Meetup Discussion here in Atlanta. I was one of the first members of the press to arrive because I love Carla, and the very idea that Oprah may stop by got me up up and going early that morning. 
             (Other press early birds)
Carla spoke on the panel with Nicole Jones and Karmetria Burton, and the ladies discussed what it took to get their businesses and careers started. One of the main points I loved was when Karmetria told the ladies of the audience to not be afraid to speak up in the workplace. Carla gave the priceless advice to stop apologizing for having good ideas and to stand behind them. 
          (Nicole, Carla, and Karmetria)
(The panel and the audience, PC Joey Levine)
Tide gave out samples while Bounty allowed us to write on the wall, telling them how we bring it, while Crest photographed us letting them know when we feel complete. 
After the panel, even Carla joined in the fun. 
             (Carla PC: Joey Levine)
The rest of O-Town was a smash as well. A Covergirl MUA did my makeup, I got a scalp message and hair tips from the folks at Pantene, and got free samples from Olay. 
Toyota was in O-Town showing the new Camry, I was given a free closet divider for taking my picture at the Ikea tent, and I had the opportunity to strike a pose around the park. 
Sadly, I didn't get to meet Oprah in person, but O-Town was still awesome, before I lost my phone charger, which is drama for another post, lol. I will totally be more prepared next year if Oprah returns. 
See other pics from the event on Instagram at #LifeYouWantATL, and don't forget to catch Carla on The Chew on ABC. 








No comments: