Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

About Last Friday: Me and Tasia Attend The 4th Annual Flavors & Colorsof Haiti

So Friday was the 4th Annual Flavors & Colors of Haiti Show at the Rialto Theater featuring the world premiere performance of AYIKODANS, a Haitian dance troop.
Tasia and I made a night out if the whole show. I met her downtown to do dinner at Hooters.
Then we went to The Westin across the street for drinks and selfies. 
Afterwards, it was off to the show which highlighted Haitian culture through original dance. The troop was amazing! The music, the colors, the movements- all if it was awesome! My only regret is that I was not more seasoned on Haitian culture to have been able to better understand all the cultural references in the show.
Even with my lack of understanding, I found the abilities of the dancers to be breath taking, and even found myself dancing along during some of the numbers. Tasia told me to stop. She said she can't take me anywhere. True dat. 
After the show I got to speak briefly with Jeanguy Saintus, the founder of AYIKODANS. I was so honored! I hope he and AYIKODANS Asteroid able to return to Atlanta soon:)









No comments: