Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pretty Reads

I love reading, as you know. Recently, I have been lucky enough to come across some great books that focus on beauty and being your best, inside and out. Below are a few of my new favorites that I have christened by my "Pretty Reads". I guarantee that these picks will help you to look and feel fab!
Simply Glamorous: Makeup Transformations to Make You Look & Feel Fabulous by Gary Cockerill is a makeup Bible. This is a strong statement, I know, but this 224 page book of breathtaking images is stuffed to the rim with makeup tips and rules for women. I was excited to finally find answers to how to create a nude lip and how to contour. I was also happy to see that the book includes women of all races, something that is not always included in beauty how-to books. It is a cosmetic must-have!
Braids are definitely in, but sadly, I do not know how to braid hair. I have truly been trying to learn since I was in grade school, lol. Stunning Braids: Gorgeous Hairstyles for Any Occasion from Work to Weddings by Monae Everett gives readers step-by-step instructions on how to braid their hair into the latest casual and classic styles. The book covers braiding for all hair textures and even outlines the tools (such as combs and hair products) needed to create the best braids. I will alert you when I master getting my hair into a Fancy Fauxhawk. 
When I hear the word cleanse, I frown. Nothing sounds worst to me than surviving, even for a short period of time, on just liquid veggie goo. However, in the book Daily Greens 4-Day Cleanse by Shauna R. Martin, creator of Daily Greens Beverages, she outlines recipes for the cleanse that don't just include juices, but also yummy soups and dishes. She also tells readers why cleansing is important and what to eat before and after you cleanse. Never has getting healthy looked so good!  

No comments: