Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Slump

More than one of my friends has brought to my attention that they think I am in a life slump. 
"What do you do all day?" P asked me last night over the phone. "Do you just watch TV?"
"No. I also sleep and cry," I said honestly, nibbling on a mint-flavored floss stick. He asked me this after I casually tried to give him a five minute, three season round-up of Greenleaf. He seemed annoyed but didn't go any further which should have rung as a bad sign. He usually doesn't miss a beat when it comes to sticking a needle in my balloon. 
Then my aunt got mad at me this morning after I tried to connect something she was telling me to something I learned from one of my favorite shows, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team
"Why are you always talking about that stupid show?!" she snapped. "You need to go out into the world, get a job, and make some friends!"
"I have friends!" I defended. True tea. 
"You need work friends. When you had work friends, you went out."
I rolled my eyes. I used to be so outgoing. Now I just want to lay down on the floor and catch up on How To Get Away With Murder. The disappointments of the past few years have been overwhelming and momentous. And yes, everyone has hard times. I am told that the cure to this is to keep pushing, but I have to say, I have pushed myself sleepy. All I want to do is take a tune out. I guess the trick is making sure that this is not what the rest of my life adds up to. However, right now, I am in no mood for tricks. I just want to binge my recorded episodes of American Horror Story

No comments: