Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Loneliness Loves Company

Sickles called me again on "mistake". I was at home working on a script when I got another phantom Duo call. I answered it and it was him. He told me that he hadn't meant to call me. "Awkward," he said, shaking his head into the camera. Yeah, it was a little awkward. But only because the last time he called me on "mistake" he was jacking off into his phone camera.
I hung up the phone but was unable to shake the sight of him. He looked tired and a little older. He also looked burdened  and sad. Against my better judgement, I called him back.
"Are you okay?" I ask him. 
He was walking around his apartment, aimlessly. "Yeah. Why?"
"I don't know. You look a little sad." 
"Oh naw, that's only because I just got through smoking weed."
"Oh." I'm not a smoker. Do people typically look sad after they smoke?
"Do you feel okay?" I inquire. 
"Yes," he answers. 
"Have you been praying?" I question. 
Yes," he responds. 
He then switches up the convo. "You look pretty."
I identify this immediately as BS. My face is fatter than the last time he saw me, and I was wearing my sleep bonnet. 
"I have my bonnet on Sickles," I respond. 
"Yeah, but it looks like you are ready to take it off and let your hair down." You see, Sickles has always been a huge fan of my fro. 
It was then that I wished him well and cut the conversation short. I'm lonely. He is obviously lonely, and loneliness LOVES company. Especially this time of year when it is cold outside and everyone is boo'ed up. But I'm too old for cuff games and situationships that are going to go nowhere. I have to be more intentional and not fall in to talking to someone because they are interested and I am available. This could mean that I am alone and lonely for a long time. I have to believe that there is something better for me out there. There better be! I'm wasting perfectly good cuff time wishing for something real. 

No comments: