Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Going Gay: A new energy plan

Because of our current oil crisis, many Americans are stocking up on eco-friendly light bulbs and cooling systems to help our environment. Others are taking the bus and recycling grocery bags. But my close girlfriends are a step ahead of the curve as usual: they are going gay instead of going green.
That's right everybody! Going gay saves a gal these days more energy than clean coal production.
Many of my friends who have just recently turned their backs on men can only talk about how happy they are. How fun it is. How differently it is living without a guy draining you by lathering you with his consistent lies and nonsense. No longer are they plagued with tear-stained pillows and suspicions that their beaus are cheating. Most of them don't know why they didn't think of switching teams earlier. They just no longer have the energy to deal with dudes.
I guess some people could view this as a major problem, especially here in Atlanta, where there are so many lezzies that my mother has commented that she thinks that there is something in the water. But I don't care. My generation shot sexuality lines to hell like ten years ago.
My theory stems from the claims of my newly turned friends. But I know from my OGs (Original Gays) that maintaining a same-sex relationship, as with any relationship worth keeping, is hard. Add on the disgusted looks from people when you go out on dates and the parental disapproval and its damn near impossible.
Either way, I think that we need to look at men today. What is going on with them that so many women rather date a woman than deal with a man? I can not stress how common this is becoming. My friend Cali left her fiance to be with a woman because she has gotten so fed up.
I guess as with other trends, I will sit back and watch how all this plays out. As for myself, I think I will just make like the rest of the US and try to run my home on solar energy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah yes. I imagine it would still be concerned with the potential for lies and drama even within the bounds of same sex relationships. perhaps this is presumptuous but one could argue women lie and cheat as well and perhaps are better at it. Although, if the lie is done right i suppose neither party tends to suffer from it (from the school of "what you don't know...")
But as for the deficit of men, if a good man is hard to find, I submit to you this, why shouldn't he be hard to find. In an age of mixed messages and selective pressure, many men have been forced to adapt or get left behind. Meanwhile so called ballers, thugs, and solja's take the for front in women's current selective trends as presented by the media and social demonstration. Don't get me wrong, a lot of ballers, thugs, and solja's can in fact be very decent men. But consider the effort to become such status and the fact that lying cheating and stealing are an almost requisite quality for attaining said status and the result is simply begging to find yourself in a hustle'd circumstance. And then one is left trouble by having their favorite playa to have played them. when observed externally, it seems obvious, unless of course one expected to be the prodigal "chosen one" who would sweep in and change this person's ways. meanwhile the good guys remain sidelined while the woman of their dreams is constantly charmed back into the game. He watches, he waits, he comforts, she leaves, he contemplates changing himself to free himself from this cycle and either endures it till a woman with proper sense (men are fools as well for pursuit of the fickle) discovers this poor benchwarmer or, he follows the set example and learns the ways of the desired template of male. this gradual conversion of men to deceivers reduces the numbers of justly worthy men.
TAKI

Betterist said...

The other thing is everybody goes around hurting good people and then they get jaded and hurt the next person. Its the disease that nobody recognizes. Lies not only hurt, they make it seem like its ok to lie.