Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! My 2009 Resolutions!

As I sit in my room eating black-eyed peas and greens on this January 1, 2009, I think of the ridiculous 2008 that I have had, and some key resolutions that will keep me from making the same ridiculous mistakes.

5. DON'T TAKE STUPID PEOPLE SERIOUSLY.
Man, so many jerks got under my skin last year. This will not be happening in '09.

4. DO WHAT I WANT TO DO
There was a lot that I wanted to get accomplished last year that I didn't because I let someone tell me it was a bad idea. Now I regret not doing these things, and of course, no one is standing up for telling me to follow my dreams. Not this year.

3. STAY COOL WITH BEING COOL
Everyone this year seemed to have an opinion on what I should be. How I should be. How much different it would be if I could be different. I don't know why I listened. Check my swag. I'm a cool girl.

2. DON'T TAKE SKINNY PEOPLE'S ADVICE
I love my friends, but the crazy advice they gave me, I see now, only applies to the fantasy world that is their skinny lives. I know what's right for me. How about I listen to me this time around.

1. DON'T FALL FOR GUYS WITH BABY MAMAS THEY PLAN TO MARRY, GIRLFRIENDS THAT AREN'T EVEN AS CUTE AS YOU OR GIRLFRIENDS THAT PREVENT THEM FROM PAYING ME 110% OF THEIR ATTENTION.
This year, I just can not go for the guy that can not go for me. It's a waste of time. It's irritating. It's pointless, and in the end leaves me sad, frustrated and lonely. This go around, I am looking for a guy who needs a girlfriend, and not just a girl who is a friend to confide in when their girlfriend pisses them off. This year, I need a man all of my own... who does not have any needy female friends like me.

Well, let's hope that these things 5 points can at least hold me over until February when I will no doubt start repeating my old mistakes again. :)

No comments: