Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Hindsight

I'm watching the view right now, and Barbara Walters just talked about how she was watching TV and there was an interview with this old woman who just got out of jail on parole. She looked like she could be someone's granny, primarily because she'd been in jail for over thirty years. She'd tried to assassinate President Ford. Anywho, they interviewed her and she said looking back, she didn't even recognize the woman who tried to kill Jerry.
So if I look back, which can't be too far back, I don't think me at 12 or 6 would recognize me. I used to have such high expectations for myself. The younger mes predicted that I would be in a super serious relationship by now and living in some sky rise loft someplace, maybe Atlanta, maybe Paris. I was going to be AWESOME! Today, I have no drive. I wake up like six times before I decide if I want to get out of bed. Sometimes I don't. It's no secret that I don't have a man, and I live in a small room off my Aunt's garage with no window.
Uggghhhh, I am sooooo wiped out. Hopefully me at 48 will not be disappointed.

No comments: