Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Storm and the 35 year old Kid

I am 99% sure that the bagger at my neighborhood grocery store is in love with me, but to say the least, he is not my type.
This guy has to be at least 35. He has let it slip that he still lives with his parents. He is shaped like a weeble-wobble, and wears these HORRIBLE tight shorts that go all the way up to his armpits. On top of this, he has an obsession with Anime and science fiction, and follows me around the store telling me endless facts about Star Track and X-Men. I made the mistake of telling him that Storm is my favorite X-Man, so now that is what he calls me...Storm. He has even asked me to accompany him to some movies, like The Hulk and Iron Man.
But what can I say, I am just not into this guy and he clearly likes me. No, instead I am into guys that are clearly gay or that clearly have girlfriends. Why can't I like the guy that likes me, even if he is a bit odd?
What makes me sad is that I don't want to date this guy for the same superficial reasons that guys haven't wanted to date me in the past. I mean, it's not like he isn't cute. He's just uncle-who-has-finished-eating-short ribs-at-the-family-reunion-with-his-pants-unzipped cute. I mean, why can't I have a sexy man like my friends on Facebook who look like they are dating male models? He could even be a diamond in the rough. I mean, didn't Steve turn into Stefan Urkel?
All I can do is sigh about the whole thing. I'm just not attracted to my Dragoncon-attending buddy, although I wish I was. He's really nice, and not liking him makes me feel like an asshole. I'm too old and too not-perfect to be so picky. I don't recall Storm having such high standards. Neither does Halle Barry.

No comments: