Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fresh Chicken

So yesterday while I was in 5 Points, I went to Popeye's. Let me tell you, the Popeye's in 5 Points is GROSS! It is the only Popeye's I have ever been to that has an on-guard security guy.
I get to the counter and I ask the cashier, who looks like she HATES her job, when they will be frying more chicken. There is only like two thighs and a wing left. She said they won't be, because they are about to close. Disappointed, I look at my coupons. As I do so, the manager makes this quick move and all of a sudden there is chicken on the rack.
"Ask her if she wants a breast," she orders the cashier.
I ask, "Where did that chicken come from?"
Manager: "This box." She points to a ragedy open chicken box.
I ask the cashier, "Where did that chicken come from?"
She shrugs. "That box."
"Ma'am this is fresh chicken," blurts the manager. Yeah...try pulling that on someone that did not work at Popeye's in high school.
The cashier is looking at me like she wants to laugh, and this other random employee is giving me a look that says, "Order that shit if you want to."
So the fry cook looks at the rack, you know, the man who is responsible for cooking the chicken, and he is like, "Where did that chicken come from?"
And the manager just says plainly, "Fresh chicken out this box."
He looks confused.
I order the strips, because they look safe, and a biscuit. Love that chicken from Popeye's!

No comments: