Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Not So Dirty 30: Old

I am 30-years-old. I am not young and I am not ancient. Quite honestly, I slid into this age with the same ease that I slide into my old Payless slippers with. 30 for me means happily declining party invites, not feeling obligated to do things I don't want to; watching Netflix alone with a smile.
To many of my friends, being 30 means trying to keep up with 20 somethings, standing in club lines in heels. And apparently, since I have no intetest in this, I am acting as if I am not still "young".
"You act like an old lady!" a friend screamed in my ear when I told her I had no desire to go to some party and twerk for male attention.
Perhaps I am not on fleek, but I would rather two step in my room to old school Soul 4 Real than get pushed around in a club to a 2 Chainz soundtrack. I go to bed by 9pm and frown and boys that let their pants sag. If that makes me old, so be it!

No comments: