Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Trumped: My Best Friend Is A Trump Lover

I try not to get political on my blog, and I know that pretty much everyone in the U.S., no matter what party they claim, is politically exhausted. So, I'll try to be as brief as possible when discussing how my best friend is a Trump lover and I fear that this is going to ruin our friendship.
When he first told me that he was on the Trump train, I thought that he was kidding. You know, just saying something to get on my nerves, like when he says that my head is unusually big. But things got real when he began defending the president's cray-cray like his life depended on it. I couldn't believe my ears! He is a Muslim...in pres love with a man who is slowly but surely trying to band Muslims from the country!
So how does a Muslim Black Man go to the dark side? He is pro-life and likes guns, the end. And, behind his loco rantings, he felt that Trump was talking a lot of sense.
Let's be clear: me and this friend agree on very little. We are pretty much opposites on everything in life. It doesn't bother me so much that he is a Trump supporter, but that he would support a man that is a champion for everything that is against his interest as a Black and Muslim man! And sadly, even though I know everyone has a right to have their own opinion, his alignment with Trump makes me wonder if he is suffering from something mentally.
LOL, that last remark is what my friend would call a symptom of my liberal arrogance.
This friend and I have argued about everything under the sun but I don't know. When it comes to our discussions on our current political situation, I just get SO mad, and so does he. I just don't believe that he is falling for the hype, he is so smart otherwise.
Again, my liberal arrogance.
So recently, I told him that we can no longer talk politics to save our friendship. He agreed. The sad thing is that this has me questioning him as a person, wondering what else about him is bananas. It makes me feel like I don't know him at all. Fingers crossed that this whole thing blows over and we can go back to our friendship normal: making each other laugh and calling each other names.

No comments: