Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

I remember the expressions the teachers at my middle school had on their faces as we loudly chanted "boom chaka laka" during lunch- the frowns their lips curled into when we showed up for gym class in jean skorts that cut up our asses. The sighs from the teachers lounge could be heard from the moon as we quoted lines from the movie "Friday," and the release of "My Baby Daddy" by B-Rock and The Biz was enough to send an elderly English teacher into a 45 minute speech about Jesus. They looked at us like we were hopeless, sad, embarrassments. I find myself looking at Black boys who have gone blond with their tween girlfriends with tats the same way. I know that I have gone on and on about how the 90s babies will probably kill us all, but it  bares repeating. Especially after my little sister called me to tell me she got jumped from behind by a bully on the bus named "Red" who is commissioned by the cool kids to "handle" other kids they don't like.
I know that the jitter buggers didn't get the hippies. And the hippies frowned at the break dancers. But with sexting and texting and Facebook and twit pics, I really don't see how the generation after the 90s babies could be any worst than this kids unless they were like born programed to kill or something! As a young woman, I feel that it is my place to give back, totally. But with the exception of the kids that I already work with, I don't like these kids, lol. Their teachers don't like them. Their parents are done with them. I get the feeling they don't really like eachother or themselves, and you can't tell them a goddamn thing about anything, I've tried! It just may be the end of the world as we know it.