Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Self Affirmations

About two years ago, a woman that I volunteered with told me about how she does self affirmations. Apparently, she would wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and tell herself that she was pretty and successful and a good person and all of those good things. This was shocking to me because she was so pretty and so successful, for real, that I didn't understand why she felt she had to talk herself into believing it. She told me she had been doing it since college and at 30, she was just beginning to like herself.
This gave me chills, but I was not moved enough by her story to try it myself.
Now, as I am almost 30, I have decided to try this myself.
I over think my life and as you all know, I am consistently filled with anxiety about myself and my life. With that being said, I am hoping that these affirmations will instill a stronger faith in myself and give me a few moments of calm in my hectic, stressful life.
For some reason, I find that I am nervous, but I think I know what I am going to tell myself:
I am beautiful. I am healthy. I am smart. I am capably. I am wealthy. I am calm.
LOL, as you see, some of my aspirations are a bit futuristic, but I don't think that this is against the rules.
I will let you know how this goes, fingers crossed.