Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Boo-hoo

Today someone brought to my attention that I have gained weight since the last time I saw them, and I have to say guys, it took me to a dark place. I was amongst the whose who of Atlanta, which is the ONLY reason that I didn't start crying. However, I had a few close calls on my way to the bus stop.
Either I am nearing the old menstruals, or society is breaking me down. People have always had something to say about my size. And over the years, I have grown accustomed to it and had grown a thick skin. But of late, I have become increasing aware of the staring and, in some cases, the diversion of eyes, and it is starting to get under my skin. Tonight's comment marked the first time in a long time that I can honestly say my feelings were hurt. Boo-hoo right? I am annoyed by my own weakness in this situation.

No comments: