Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

High School Reunion

My high school reunion is coming up and I have NO desire to go. I felt like everyone hated me in high school. I had the same three friends the whole time, and I connect with them on Facebook. So I kind of see no reason to go. Plus, I am generally failing at life. What if a former classmate asks me how it's going and I just burst into tears? Not only will I be that fat girl from high school but also that fat girl from high school that had a breakdown at the reunion!
Luckily, I was able to ask my high school friend Felisha if I should go. She always has colorful advice to offer me. Below are her thoughts:
"Come!!!! You must, everyone is older now, and if people are still tripping on the same bs from high school then that is just sad."
 
Oh Felisha. I find that people that were popular in high school always say SILLY things like this. That so called "bs" from high school sticks with you forever. And newsflash: high school is never over. Your friendships are high school, your job is high school. Then we are expected to actually go back to high school every ten years?! I pass! I prefer to keep the few fond memories I have of high school unsoiled, like getting laughed at on the school bus and being generally ignored. Ah, those were the days.