Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

The ATLien

The day of the exhibit I kid you not I woke up with a desire to listen to Outkast. Of course, I listened to ATLiens. If you are not an Outkast fan, just know that it is an awesome album.
Then, when I got to the exhibit, the DJ opened by playing  SpottieOttieDopalicious. Again, if you are not a fan, look it up.
While listening to this song, I looked over and saw a man that I could only describe as an ATLien.
He was tall and dark and skinny with chin hair rocking some Hip Hop brand and he was rapping along to the song. He made me smile.
Then, later, I asked him to help me and a friend interpret a mural type piece that Brantley had done. Sadly, the piece was so huge I couldn't get a good pic of it, but it was breathtaking. He looked at it and said, "See at the bottom where he put Dilla, Dilla, Dilla, Dilla is not my name. Dilla wasn't his name. It was James Dewitt Yancey."
Google it, I had to, lol.
Even though I wasn't sure what he was talking about, my heart danced a little.
I should have asked him for his number.