Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Breast Cancer

One of my biggest fears in the world is being diagnosed with Breast Cancer. So you can imagine how uncomfortable I am EVERY October, seeing that it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Everywhere is pink this and pink that, and I know that we have to get the word out to save lives, but all I feel is fear.
For the past four days my Facebook feed has been full of how-to breast check tips and testimonials from survivors. Seeing this gives me chills. I know that I need to do a self check, but I am pretty much afraid of my own boobs.
People survive Breast Cancer but I wouldn't. I am not a fighter and I am broke with no insurance. The end result would be me bleeding death after trying to remove my own boob at home. These are the grim thoughts I have when I see anything pink or Breast Cancer related.
A few months ago, I went to Planned Parenthood and they gave me a breast check on the slick. They said I had healthy breast tissue, but now my boobs hurt. And all I can think of is me dying just shy of my 29th birthday from stage four cancer. Yes I know, I have to go to the doctor again this month. I can't think of anything else I rather NOT do.
So, that was your dose of grim for the day. Anyone know any funny jokes?