Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Dana Does the Nordstrom's Beauty Trend Event In New Jersey

If you're woman like me that loves ALL things beauty, then please do yourself a favor and attend one of Nordstrom's Beauty Trend Events.  In a nutshell, it's a chance to get one-on-one time with beauty experts; they'll share tips and tricks while pampering you with a complimentary skin consultation and/or makeover. And to top it off, you'll get a TON of free samples. Oh and it’s free! Now although that sounds good, honestly I wasn’t that excited. I've been to these "events" before at other department stores and I always left feeling like I knew more than the "expert." I would also feel rushed because it was always jammed packed and that "one –on-one" time was more like "one-on-none". I never felt like I had their undivided attention. 
Nordstrom, however, surpassed my expectations.  I made my reservations about a week earlier with a woman named Paula; she asked what brands I was most interested in because as she said she "wanted to make sure I had a personalized experience."  Once I got there, Paula greeted me with open arms, introduced me to some staff then ushered me to get a facial. Toni, the esthetician for Kate Somerville hooked me up.
This woman spent over an hour with me educating me on skincare and also doing my facial. I loved that she was so patient with explaining everything to me and answering my million questions. As you can see from the pics, I was totally into it. I loved the way my skin looked and felt afterwards. I have extremely oily skin, but my skin felt soft and looked refreshed; dewey but not greasy, lol. Once I was done with my facial it was time to get beautified and Danaya from Nars was the lady to do it.
I knew I was in for a treat because Danaya's look was fierce. She asked me what I wanted and I said she could do anything. She gave me a purple smoky eye with a nice pink lip.  I really liked how the look came together. The whole experience was awesome. I got a chance to play in makeup, mingle with other staff members and artist, and left with a boatload of goodies. I couldn't have asked for a better time!
*Dana Norman in the BGCitizen for the East Coast. 

No comments: