Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Left Hanging

There is no worst feeling than being left hanging by someone that you thought you had a connection with. I should know, this has happened to me more times than I would care to admit. I don't even want to think about the countless number of times I have literally fallen asleep holding my phone, waiting on a return call from someone that didn't call back.
And here is the thing, besides hurting your feeling, being left hanging without an explanation, wondering what happened, is annoying and irritating and, dare I say, maddening. Did he lose his phone? Is his phone off? Did he not save my number? Is he dead? Did I imagine him, am I in the middle of some weird A Beautiful Mind situation? Trust me, I have thought of all these scenarios.
This is why I am disappointed in myself that I am actively leaving someone hanging. And before you boo me you have to understand the whole thing. I met a guy a few months ago and he is nice but he is a constant sex talker that stood me up for a date and didn't call me until a week later- a date in which he was going to bring me cookies. I think that this, in itself, makes it okay for me to leave him hanging. However, during that week later call I was working, told him I would call him back, he called me back but I was watching a documentary on Iceberg Slim and told him I would call him back again and didn't.
Why not? For the reasons mentioned and because I felt like we were going in circles. I could feel that he wanted us to go in a direction that I am not interested in really, and, on top of that, he didn't like to talk about current affairs and had the audacity to ask me for BET Award tickets for he and his cousin, like I just had some sitting on my dresser or something, yet he couldn't even call me to tell me that a date had been canceled?!
So okay, I guess we didn't have the best connection ever. And I am sure that he will get over me if he was ever really on me to begin with. I am annoyed with me for the same reason I am annoyed with those that have left me hanging: doing so is a total sign of immaturity and cowardice. I don't want to be those things, but I don't want to call him back either for something that isn't going to work.
I guess I will call him back. Not doing so would make me no better than a man, and I can't live with that. I just won't be doing it...soon.

No comments: