Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Not So Dirty 30: The Crying Game

I am going to be honest here and confess that I have cried more as a 30-year-old woman than I did as an emo teen that listened to Korn and Limp Biscuit.

And it is not that I am crying because I am sad. I am crying out of frustration and over the unshakable  feeling that the world is bringing me more ish that I don't have the energy to deal with. I also cry when I feel like there is nothing left to be done.

"I am happy that you have tears to exhaust. I don't," my friend admitted the other day as she secretly spoke to me while at work.

People have a lot of words of wisdom for children about adulthood. Be responsible. Think before you act. Save your money. My words for the next generation are as follows: life brings you tears. Invest in Kleenex. Cucumber slices really don't help with eye swelling. If you are going to cry all day, get a lot of sleep.

No comments: