Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Review: HAIRiette by Tanya Wright Kokum Butter and Marula Oil

Somewhere somehow in the Black hair community, using hair oils became unfashionable. I am not sure of the reasoning behind this, but I have been more than excited about its return as the natural hair community continues to flourish. I was brought up on hair oils and find myself reaching for them over the endless array of hair butters, waxes, and creams that I have collected over the years. One of my new favorite oils is the HAIRiette Kokum Butter and Marula Oil.
First and foremost, it smell amazing, and as I rubbed it on my hands to apply to my freshly untwisted fro, I wondered if it could be used as a body oil. It includes Kokum Oil, which is new for me. It comes from an Indian fruit. And it also includes Marula Oil.
I really enjoyed using the oil on my hair. It breathed life into my dry hair after it had been twisted for a week, and it gave my hair a natural shine. It also did not leave my hair feeling oily and greasy, which is a plus!
What to get a bottle? Click here to purchase.

No comments: