Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Sickles Goes Farming

I don't know if any of you remember Sickles. He was a guy I met a little over four years ago and, since then, we have been in a non-serious renothingship. Once upon a time, I thought that we could potentially be going somewhere. Then he stopped talking to me for a year and popped up randomly to let me know that a woman he was seeing had just given birth to his son. Again, I had imagined that I was on my way somewhere special with a man while he, apparently, was on his way to the maternity ward.
Since then, he texts me quarterly just to make sure that I am still single so he can keep me on his list of backup girls. Like a fool, I always respond to his romantic texts, which usually say something like, "Hey, you don't have kids now do you?" I know, I should let this guy go, but I like the twinkle of attention that I get from him, seeing that my platonic male friends have friend dumped me because of how needy I am. That's another post.
Anywho, he texted me this quarter to let me know that he is going to be living on a farm in California for a month. I was sad, thinking that "farm" was some euphemism for jail. But it really is a farm where he will be learning new and innovative farming technology.
My excitement for his news was very quickly followed by my hater voice. How was Sickles making more career moves than me? Not that I want to live on a farm, but this is a guy that has beat more possession charges than Gucci Mane!
He said that he fully expects his time on the farm to be a life-changing experience; an adventure. Now I am really jealous. Am I the only one out there that wants an adventure? I see all of you on Instagram, taking pictures of your feet on the beach, and that seems cool, but I mean a real adventure; something that changes your life for the better. Something that gives you new, fresh perspective. At the risk of sounding optimistic, I think that something like that could totally change my trajectory.
Sickles leaves in September. I told him to bring me something that he grew. He won't. Hopefully, when he checks in around Thanksgiving, I will have something exciting to share with him.

No comments: