Pages

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Sickles and the 'like'

So the other day I was nodding off when my phone buzzed in my hand. Has that ever happened to you? You wake up panicked!
It was none other than Sickles. He was texting me, saying hey, essentially. He sent me a selfie of himself smiling. I said hey back...essentially, then proceeded to return to my nap.
I may have been asleep a full two minutes before my phone buzzed in my hand again. And again, I woke up startled, only to find that the buzzes were alerts from Instagram. Sickles had liked three of my pictures. I screamed. I didn't even know that Sickles knew my last name!
I can't tell you whether or not I was scared or shocked in that moment. But what I can say was that I was uncomfortable. Yes, I have known this guy for about four years. And our renothingship has had absolutely zero progress. I know his full name but that is about it. I don't know where he works or where he lives. Knowing that he could go through my IG feed and see pics of me with friends and family and colleagues made me feel like my face was being ripped off; like I was naked. And vulnerable. And yes, even spied on.
But then it dawned on me: I could now look on his page. Yesssssssss.
When I first met him, I think I looked at his IG once. He wanted to show me a picture of someone, and I kicked myself later for not remembering his IG name. So I was eager to see what was on his page, and was disappointingly greeted with a whole bunch of memes. Memes with jokes that I didn't get. I couldn't believe this! People put their whole life on IG. I have seen live births on IG! But somehow, after looking at Sickles' page, I was more lost as to who he really is than I was before!
Something that was of value was a picture of him from a year ago with a pretty woman that he referred to as his wcw. I wonder who she is. But it's not like it matters. You don't have to answer to people you are in a renothingship with.

No comments: