Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fat Frustration

I have been working out for two months at about five times a week for three hours at a time and I doubt that I have lost one ounce!
The only thing that is more frustrating than having to work out in the first place is not seeing any results. I have a goal here people! By next summer I need to be sexy enough to seduce boys that have passed me over, and by this December I need to be small enough to wear a tummyless toga to my birthday party. The clock is ticking!
I guess what is even more annoying than my lack of progress is again, the random people at the gym that cheer me on with every step that I take on the treadmill. I have never been one for encouragement, especially from happy, skinny, pretty people that I don't know. I know that they mean well, but they just get under my skin.
"Hang in there," some old buff man told me while I was working out on some thigh thingy. "It takes a while."
He patted me on my back and I wanted to bite his fingers.
The whole thing just blows! I feel like I practically live at the gym, and I am still just as fat and out of shape as I was two months ago when I started. I'm annoyed enough without the cheering on from strangers and the people telling me I look like I'm losing when I am not just so I don't stop working out.
I don't know. Maybe the bitchy, pissed off mood is just part of one of the stages of losing weight, which is fine I guess. I just would like to know what stage it is when I will actually start losing weight.

1 comment:

cellotlhicks said...

losing weight is better for you when it is slow. If you are going at the recommended pace (.5-2 lbs a week) it seems slow on a weekly basis. you might not see it. But after a year, it can equal more than 100 lbs, so even if it seems slow now, if you make it to that year, you will def see it.
For me, eating was the bigger problem. I got on a food logging site so that I could track what I was taking in. The food industry is evil. They load food we think is healthy with so much fat, calories and sodium, it actually takes planning to make sure you are eating light enough to have a calorie deficit. One meal at Chili's can = 4500 calories which is over a pound and an hour in the gym doesn't mean shit nemore. It makes me mad cause I love food.
But neways, good luck. I don't like 1/2 the people at the gym either, btw. I would be mad if they touched me too.