Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Giving Cute the Boot

I'm cute. This I know. But lately, I have been feeling like this is not enough for me. I would much rather be sexy.
Someone once told me that being cute puts you in a good position because cute is cute forever. Beautiful people not so much, because beauty fades. That was back when I was in high school and I was surrounded by "beautiful" White girls with blond locks down their asses, blue eyes that looked like they glowed in the dark, and enormous boobs that sat so high up in their designer bras that they touched their chins. I wish I could remember who told me this little cute forever saying so I could call them to feed me some bull about why it is better to be cute than sexy.
What has caused this need for a change? Well, I don't know what happened, but it seems that my Facebook surfing has revealed to me that my former female collegiate classmates went from adorable to hot like fire, seemingly overnight. They all have huge buts and big perky boobs and long glossy legs. Compared to them, I look like the hunchback! Every time I log in, I am bombarded by photos of girls I know sitting on lounge couches in mini dresses sipping drinks that are pretty colors. And I know that I have addressed how Facebook is killing my confidence in a previous post, but what can I say? I just want to be like other girls my age!
I've started wearing makeup, but I just look like a kid putting on makeup to look older, not a vixen. I recently bought a mini dress, but I look like an overweight 9-year-old trying to sneak into a club.
Plus, I feel like men like sexy, not cute. I have tons of male friends who talk boy talk freely around me because they think of me as a boy, and never have I once heard them give each other kudos for having "cute" girlfriends.
I'm sad that I am shallow enough for this to bother me. I feel like I am in the 6th grade all over again. When I was a kid imagining when I would be 25, I saw myself with a really gorgeous boyfriend and a cool car, not entering some strange, adult puberty. Now, instead of listening to Brandy on my boom box wishing I looked like Staci Dash, I am sitting in the locker room at the gym listening to that horrible techno crap, wishing I looked like that instructor with the perfect everything.
Blah. There is no solution. I am just irritated. I guess I will take my cute ass to bed.

No comments: