Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Hopeless Romantic

Can I just say that I am a hopeless romantic and it is killing me? It's disappointing me. It's molding me to take my place as the dreaded Bitter Black Woman that I have been hearing about for about as long as I've been potty trained. I believe in love and sometimes I even think that I feel it, but I don't see it, especially in my own life- personally and around me. When I break it down in my head, I realize that I hear about it in songs and see it on TV, but where is it really visible? I feel that my love faith in something that I can not see and that is not working for me and is leaving me depressed, tired, and just overall emotionally exhausted. I can only liken this to how people must feel before they turn to atheism, wanting to believe in God but surrounded by an overwhelming amount of evidence that proves otherwise. In short, this sucks.

No comments: