Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Competition Burn Out

Can I just say that I am tired of competing?!
In grade school I had to compete for friends with girls who always brought candy to class and threw cool birthday parties. In middle school I had to compete for a boyfriend amongst girls with dookie braids and fat booties, just to end up with the boy who later confessed to being gay. Now, in the workplace, I find myself competing with a woman who is not even qualified for my position. But I am one to give credit when credit is due. She is pretty. And she might be dating my boss.
Question: Can a sweet chub like myself catch a break?
I am guessing that the answer is no, because as a new arrival on the corporate scene, this sort of thing happens around me, if not to me, all the time. Does no one value substance and criterion anymore?
I already know the answer to that one. Just blowing off steam.

No comments: