Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Code Name: The Percolator


So I recently went to New Orleans and my friend Relle took me to this club called Vaso. It was pretty dead, but we went there, I suspect, because her girlfriend was the bartender. But that is neither here nor there. One of the only other people there was a man that called himself The Percolator. He had a lot of energy, but in between dancing, he told me his life story. Apparently, in his 20s, he was rich. He was a DJ and a promoter. However, his pesky meth habit broke him in more ways than one. He is 36 now, and got clean by sitting for days at the New Orleans River Walk, cold turkey. There was a bluegrass band there and he asked me to dance, as seen above. Very energetic and a little annoying, but a seemingly sweet guy.
Moments after this picture was taken, he left the club with a couple of other patrons, apparently to engage in a drug deal...that went wrong. The other patrons beat him almost unrecognizable and stole is wallet. Sigh, those New Orleans nights.