Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Loveless Distressed Mess

Today I talked to Curious George for like an hour.
It was refreshing talking to a boy, seeing that Sorta gave me the kick after Mardi Gras (which sucks by the way, because I had been planning for how long to kick him first?) and the boy that I was kind of crushin' on gave me the "let's be friends" line. Sadly, after not talking to him for so long, I feel like he is not as smitten by me as he once was. What is the point of talking to him if he is not 100% taken away by me anymore?
So back to single, lonely, depressing square one. Grossie-Rossie, I really do not want to be here again. My grandmother told me when I was in college that if I did not find a man there, I would probably never get married. Now, almost a full three years after graduation, I am scared that she might have been right. And the daily Facebook updates announcing engagements from people who met in college is more evidence that Granny was on to something. This saddens me. At 18 I was too drunk to see that I was on stage to meet my other half! If I would have known, I might have done my hair!
I am just feeling hopeless in the realm of my love life. I don't want to go on another dating site. I don't want to meet another one of my friends' male friends who evidently is in love with my friend but is playing along to be a good sport. I don't want to pretend to be flattered by boys I meet in the streets who "like big girls" and whose conversations circle around those hard life topics such as whether or not Tupac is really alive, whether or not Niki Minaj has a fake booty, or if weed really does burn your brain cells until you become a genius.
Yes, I am emotional, and I can not tell if it is because I am on my period or if it is because I am as lonely as my body is telling me that I am. Either way, I think I will get to work on this pint of Edy's and watch The Golden Girls.

No comments: