Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Shrink of my Dreams

As many of you know, I have been wanting to see a therapist now for about ten years. So many of my friends have gone into therapy and I have gotten to witness the positive differences that it has made in their lives first hand. But sadly, I have never been able to afford it.
Fast forward to three months ago: I was walking into the office building across from my job when I literally ran into a shrink! She asked me what I was going into the building for and I said that I was wondering if there was a psychologist in the building. She said yes, that it was her, and she walked me back to her office to do a free assessment.
I immediately liked this lady. She told me that she had just graduated and that she'd just started her practice. She is also in her 30s which is great. I don't want to be an agest, but the idea of telling all my problems to a 20 something makes me want to croak.
I have to tell you, that ten minutes was the most relaxing ten minutes of my life honey. She just asked me general questions about myself, and if she hadn't have stopped me, I could have talked for hours. She told me that she wanted to get more info and run some tests and blah blah blah and that session would be $500. Afterwards, each session would be like $200.
Okay, so that sounds like a lot and it is a lot. But I think of that fee as an investment in myself and my sanity. So, being uninsured, I am dropping pennies in my piggy bank daily to get to my session with my shrink. It may be next winter before I get in to see her, but I am looking forward to getting to the root of my COUNTLESS issues.

No comments: