Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

White Christmas Blues

How is it that I love the holidays and hate the holidays at the same time? I mean really, how is it?
They tell me that holiday depression isn't uncommon, but if it isn't, why isn't anyone talking about it? I'd rather hear about how to deal with this on TV than how to make Christmas cookies or whatever other nonsense that they saturate us with during the holidays.
My family has experienced a lot of loss during the holidays, which makes me want to curl up under my blanket and wake up in June. But then, my birthday is this month which makes me want to get up and dance.
Confusion.
This is nothing new. Every winter I complain about this. I feel like this every holiday, and short of getting a prescription, I don't know to deal with it. Maybe you don't, maybe holiday sad is just a thing like being happy when the first days of spring come. Here's to being holiday content.

No comments: