Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Love Thy Self

So while I was in LA, I got the chance to meet with my friend LL, and we spoke at the hotel bar about how we don't have, and don't know any women that do have, high self esteem. After a brief comparison of stories, we have found that at one point we did have some, but it was sucked from us by a boy.
Confidence. Self Esteem. I can't say that I have much. I hope that it is something that you kid of ease into with age. Maybe ten years from now, I will be the queen of self love. But I can't see that for myself now I have found that the key for ladies my age, from what I have seen, is faking it until you make it: pretending you are the shit to get through the day and get what you need, and then going home and crying because your real hair is shoot or your boobs are saggy.
I know it sounds sounds sad, but for me, it sounds sadder than it really is. It is just the way it is, at least through my eyes. I just hope to get to a point where I don't need male reassurance and don't care that my but is flat.

No comments: