Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Self Repair

So, I was listening to one of those militant relationship people on TV, in theme with Vday being around the corner, and she said that before God can send you the person for you, you have to repair yourself to be ready to receive him. GOD! I hope that's not true! I am like the dating scene Humpty Dumpty. I have tons of pieces that need glue and stapling and a spit shine. If I started today, and began dedicating 40 hours a week to my emotional repair, making it a full time job, I would probably be fully repaired and ready to receive love by 65 years old. I know, I know, better late than never, but still. I won't be able to have kiddies. I won't want to have sex. But on the glass half-full end, it could be fun having a strapping older gentleman with me to pick out matching burial plots. It's cheaper to get two than one, and they will give me a fair estimate on a price because I will be with a man. They won't try to gimp me. I guess that it is true that there is bright side in the race to find love.