Pages

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Brian and the Dawn of the Boy-Girl

I went to school with a boy named Brian that is relentlessly belly aching all over my Facebook feed. He just won't quit! Everyday he is going off about how the women in L.A. are fake and boring and opportunists; that they only want material things from a man and nothing real. I have to admit that these posts are entertaining to me seeing that, in college, he was the renowned author of a list that highlighted the "hottest" girls in school. The girls, of course, all had relaxers and light skin and HUGE butts.
I guess this is why I was so shocked that a man that was previously so artificial himself was now complaining about there being a lack of substance in the dating world. The angry Black woman in me wants to tell him that he would have found a girl of substance in school if he hadn't been humiliating them with those dumb lists. But, as a fellow person in the world out here trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents when it comes to love, I just want to pat him on the back and welcome him to the party.
Here is something you should know about Brian: he is hot. Not super duper hot but a step above basic hot. If he was on his own list, he would be a number six out of ten. The moral of that tidbit is this: he is hot enough to get a quality girlfriend. He is literally tall, dark, and handsome! I was thinking about this the other day as I was painting my toe nails. Then it dawned on me: boys are girls too!
All this time I just assumed that men my age were just out here surfing for sex and hearts to break; looking for a good time with no strings attached. But Brian's posts clearly show that he wants strings...BAD. If he is a cookie cutter example of at least ten percent of men in their 30s than this is good news! All this time, the picture depicted led us to believe that women were looking for love while men were looking for lovin'. If Brian's latest status is any indication, men are looking for love too! We are all looking for the same thing! We should let each other know so we all aren't out here making asses of ourselves, trying to be what we thought the other wanted.
Admittedly, this may take some time. Until then, we have Brian's status updates to keep us entertained.

No comments: