Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Rebuild

I am not sure if I told you this or not, but shortly, after a guy "friend" disrespected me, he texted, not told me but texted me that he didn't think we should talk anymore and it hurt my feelings. Funny, he has said some out of line ish to me but what hurt most is that he may never offend me again. Pathetic.
The tip of the iceberg was in Miami, when, while trying to express my emotions to my bestie Haynes, I broke down in tears on Lexington in front of a very busy Victoria's Secret. That was two weeks ago.
So, what have I been doing since then? Trying to put myself back together. The whole thing has been an adventure. It's not like when my gay boyfriend dumped me in high school, when I got cornrolls and spent my days and nights listening to Lauren Hill. This go 'round, I can not stop the poetry from flowing as Bush and Nirvana are on replay.
Am I all better? No. But I don't feel like trash anymore, and I can go for hours without replaying the situation and texts and conversations and the expressions of people wondering why an obese Black woman was crying in public. The goal is to heal without letting this take me over, further tainting my view of men. It's going better than expected, but give me a month, assuming that is all I will need. Give me a month.

No comments: