Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Jazzy Affair

Last weekend I went to my friend Jazzy's engagement party here in the A. It was nice, food and drink and conversation. I was happy that I went, seeing that I usually try not to engage in anything regarding engagements, partially because I am not sure how I feel about marriage and, of course, because I am a hater.
But my friend Jazzy is adorable. She is one of those people that is so nice and so sweet that you couldn't find a reason not to like her if you tried! I am not surprised that she is one of the first of my college friends to be tying the knot.
Her fiance is really cool, which was a surprise to me, seeing that it has been my experience that nice girls attract complete dill holes. But they are just so cute together. They compliment each other. Watching them talk on the living room couch I wondered, can a marriage work? Can there really be pure, sweet, true love in the world? Can nice girls find nice guys and have nice kids and a nice life?
Seeing all the huge gift bags that people brought Jazzy and the sense of love in the air, I tried not to drink the Kool-Aid on the ever-after fairytale, at least not for myself. For the really awesome girls in the world, like Jazzy, I hope that it is real and wonderful and fantastic...and sweet. Until this is proven to me personally, I am keeping my Kool-Aid in the pack in the cabinet.

No comments: