Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Spiritual Training

I recently spoke with a friend about how she is on medication to control her emotions. I am so jealous. At about five, I realized that I needed to be one of those kids that got to go to the nurse's office to down pills out of a Dixie cup. Of course, I wasn't. Some people have all the luck.
My emotions are all over the place. Just last week I was crying because I couldn't find my nail polish. That boy incident I mentioned had me hiding under my bed. If anyone needs mood stabilizing dope, it is yours truly. But one can only wish, seeing that I don't have health insurance.
So recently, while crying during Up, a cartoon by the way, I decided to try to train my spirit, a concept I heard about at my old church. Maybe it's not just me. Maybe my spirit is off or something. So I decided to make a gospel playlist on Youtube, and I listen to it maybe three times a day. I think that it is working.
How? Well, it is building some type of shield or something. This morning, after doing all the dishes the night before, I go into the kitchen seeing my mom all worked up about one pan she had to wash. As she spewed her negative energy, I realized I wasn't listening because "Grateful" by Hezekiah Walker was playing in my head. Just as I was about to have one of my token freak outs because one of my bonehead brothers didn't replace the toilet tissue after they used it all, "Livin'" by The Clark Sisters automatically started blaring in my mind.
When I was a kid, the elders used to wear these annoying t-shirts that read "Too Blessed To Be Stressed." Years later, I am seeing that there may just be something to that stupid slogan...just maybe.

No comments: