Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

How Much?!

I went to this event last night and ran into a girl that I met early on in my career. She is hella cool and chill and is always at all the "it" events.
So I start chatting with her. I hadn't spoken with her in a long time. She had on these really cute threads, and, being nosebud that I am, I had to know how much money she made as a freelance journalist to be able to afford such a swanky wardrobe.
She didn't want to tell me. And that is just because girls don't talk about that stuff, not because she is a bitch or something. But, after enough of me pulling her finger back, she tells me that she freelances pretty much for two sources, and she makes like $300 a month for one and $785 every two weeks for the other.
"HOW MUCH?!" I screamed. I swear, I lifted ten feet off the ground. I couldn't believe my ears! $1870 a month, not counting the the odd, irregular writing gigs she gets. Are you kidding! That may not sound like a lot to you out of towners, but a single woman in Atlanta can live on that kind of money. Do you know what I could do with money like that? Well...neither do I. But I figure I would eat every day of the month. I figure I could order a dress at OldNavy.com at the $20 retail price and not have to wait until it is on clearance!
Yet again I have been shown how GREATLY I underestimate my value.

No comments: