Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Eyebrows

In an attempt to do something out of the ordinary to start off my year, I went to a nail shop to get my eyebrows arched. The lady at the front counter sent me to the back of the salon to a room where a pregnant Korean woman sat with her feet up playing on her Galaxy. She nodded for me to sit at in a worn leather chair that looked like it had been through it. It was at this point that it dawned on me to go ask the lady at the front desk what the score of the salon was. You know, like how you walk into business like McDonald's or something and there is a score on the wall so you can see what the health department rated them? Salons are supposed to have those too, right? She told me that the owner keeps it. I'm not sure that she understood what I was asking, but her answer scared me and I left. Maybe next time.