Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Lauren Cohen Makes The Cover of Women's Health

If you are a Walking Dead fan as I am then you already know who Lauren Cohen is. She is the actress that plays the character of Maggie on the hot, AMC series. She is on the latest cover of Women's Health. Below are some tidbits from her interview:

On if she anticipated the success of the Walking Dead:
I didn’t really have time to think about whether I thought it was going to be big, I was just so happy with the show and being on the show and the people that I work with. It’s funny you sort of come out of our little vacuum of filming and you realize how popular it is. It’s popularity makes since to be because it’s such a loving environment and I would hope that would perpetuate in the world, in life. But no, I never anticipated it being that big.
 

On if she thought she’d play a zombie:
I never really thought that I’d end up doing supernatural genres. I’ve always gravitated to supernatural things and I enjoy it, but when I started acting I enjoyed comedy and that’s what I thought I’d end up doing – just action, screwball comedy is what I’ve always wanted to do. It’s fun to do something like Walking Dead and now I have all the time in the world to do all of the other things. This has been such a rare experiences and such a special experience. I mean I want to do everything. Literally I want to do musicals, play a jazz singer, I want to somehow emulate Kevin Kline and Tilda Swinton.
 
On the actor she admires most:
Tilda Swinton I’ve always just thought is so brave and so inspiring – trailblazing. She doesn’t follow any rules and it doesn’t seem that she adheres to anything in life but what her heart and soul tell her to do. I think that’s just always what I’d like to check in with every day -- that that’s how I’m conducting myself and conducting my life.
 
Photo Credit: Tom Schirmacher




No comments: