Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

PeaceLoveShea x Steve Madden


Shea Marie is a fashion influencer, designer, and editor of PeaceLoveShea.com. She has collaborated with major brands such as Guess, Armani, and Jimmy Choo. Her latest collabo with Steve Madden has everyone talking. Here she talks about the collection and what she has conk v up next in here career.
 
Q: How were you approached about collaborating with Steve Madden.
A: received an email from someone at the PR team at Steve Madden and they invited me in for a meeting to "meet the team". I was in shock with Steve was in the meeting. I wasn't sure if it was actually him at first. I was thinking is this THE actual "Steve"? Because he was so laid back and approachable. They were like "we have this idea?" and I was like "Tell me more..." The project was really love at first sight, sometimes you just have that creative connection where you know “this is going to be great.”
 
Q: What was your inspiration behind the collection?
A: really wanted to design something that would represent my personal style and the type of woman I stand for- strong, sexy and independent. For the girl who knows you can make an outfit come to life with just a killer pair of shoes. I asked myself, “If I could have any dream shoe in the world what would it look like?” and through this collaboration I was able to make them come to life.
 
Q: What is your favorite pair of shoes in the collection?
A: The Venice boot! It's a lace up bootie with open peep toe. Sexy, edgy and fun!
 
Q: Do you have any other collaborations in the works?
A: Yes I'm currently working on my own line with my best friend Caroline, she's the great grand-daughter of the iconic Diana Vreeland so you know that between the two of us it's going to be epic. We can't say too much about it yet- but it's on the horizon.
 
Q: What would you say is the key to being a successful blogger in a climate where there are so many?
A: Find something that stands out and never give up! I worked on my site every day for a good 2 years before I ever really saw any recognition for it.
 

No comments: