Pages

Friday, November 27, 2015

Pretty Read: The Little Book of Skin Care

I am probably one of the few women on the planet left that doesn't believe that being beautiful boils downs to pins and needles in your face. But I will not lie. I will be 31 in about a month, and I find myself paying more and more attention to my skin. Thankfully, Charlotte Cho has written The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin to give me some solutions that don't include going under the knife. 
This book is full of pages and pages of awesome skincare advice. One thing that I found interesting is how Cho suggests "Double Cleansing"; first with an oil cleanser and secondly with a water-based cleanser. This is interesting for me, because I was always told that applying oil to the skin would cause breakouts. She also discusses the importance of moisturizing and using sunscreen. While giving readers these hot skincare tidbits, also gives readers a peak into Korean beauty culture. 

I am making it a goal to take better care of my skin in 2016 and this book is definitely going to be a big help. Learn more about the book here.

No comments: