Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Meet the Hollands

Recently, I met P's wife and sons.
I am not sure if I have updated you properly on P's life in some time, but here is the long and short of it: P now has a wife and sons. It is so crazy seeing this guy that I went to college with, a guy that used to smoke pot and try to be a player, now as a devoted Muslim with a family. I mean, it's really wild.
Since the day that he got married, I have pretty much been insistent on meeting his wife. And since the day he got married, he has been coming up with excuses as to why it would never happen. But it happened randomly and I was excited about the meet and greet...until I remembered The Miami Disaster.
I think most of you all recall the nightmare that was me meeting Brownie and his fiance now ex-wife in Miami. An evening of light conversation and drinks at the hotel bar ended in me being accused of having sex with him and him getting ditched on the curb while she stormed off in a tantrum. And then there is Quinny's wife. She has never told me to my face that she doesn't like me. I just got the feeling that she didn't when my invitation to her and Quinny's wedding got lost in the mail. As a typical rule of thumb, the lady friends of my male homies hate me.
This continued to run across my mind as I met P's wife. She is really pretty and nice and sweet. But the issue has never been me liking the girl. I felt like I was in a job interview. I really didn't want to mess up. Because if experience has taught me anything, it's that these dudes ain't loyal. I just knew if I said one off thing, I could kiss my friendship to P goodbye.
But everything went well. I really enjoyed meeting her. It went so well, in fact, that I wondered if I should try to get a redo with some other shakey situations I am in with the wives of my male bffs. I know, I know. Baby steps.

No comments: