Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Dodging George

Curious George just texted me, asking if I could talk...It's 8:45 a.m. and he is texting me to ask if I can talk.
When I decided to call this guy, I thought that it would be good to have a dude to talk to as I sorted through Sorta, but I was turned off by our last convo. Wanting me to come see him? We have not spoken in two years!
Yet, since then, he has been calling me non-stop; even using that little paging option from your voicemail that no one uses. He texts me to see if I'm busy. I'm not. But I don't want to talk to this guy. And I feel bad. I'm thinking maybe he didn't mean to come off as oversexed and weird, but I don't know. I feel bad for not being into him.
Last night he left me a sappy message. He was like, "What's up? I've been calling you for like two weeks."
See! This is why I feel bad. How many times have I left that very message on a guy's phone, wondering why he was not calling me back after a seemingly amazing conversation? I feel like an asshole. He seems really interested. Why can't I be interested back?
This is a clear instance of me trying to fight against my gut feeling again. The night we spoke, my gut feeling was telling me that this guy was just lonely and wanted some ass, at the least from someone vaguely familiar. But I have to say, I'm not down of that nonsense. But I am not used to being the denyer in these situations.
So I guess I will just follow my heart and continue to ignore this guy. Maybe, like I had to on many on occasion since the 6th grade, he will get a clue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"What's up? I've been calling you for like two weeks."...That's not a sappy comment, that's the kind of comment you make when you're desperate and sweating someone....

Girlfriend, if you're gut is telling you not to mess with someone: LISTEN!!!